24.1.05

Of innocence, negativity and perversion

I am self-confessed chatter, reformed chat addict, hopeless romantic and once in a while a total neurotic rolled into one.. I know someone will call that cognitive dissonance or something like that..

I have met a lot of wonderful people throughout my cybercitizenship, some of whom I became fast friends with to this day. Of course I made a record of falling stupidly attached to someone I hadn’t met in person. It was a record because I had always been very protective of myself, until I let down my guard that caused an irreparable damage of breaking my heart. It has long been history and hatchets have long been buried. But that experience made me sought refuge to becoming a rule #1 staunch advocate.

Whether or not I remained faithful in that advocacy is another story. (*blush*)

During the course of that advocacy, I got to interact with young men, who made me want to set aside those beliefs. It was a rather difficult quest though. Afterall, when you have had you heart broken for the first time, it wouldn’t be a pleasant ride ahead.

But I have always had a positive attitude about humanity, thus it didn’t deter me from making friends anyway.

One of those guys was cutie, sexy and poetic. We didn’t have much smart conversations but he had this emotional side that warmed him up to me. He wouldn’t talk much except when talking about one topic that I wouldn’t dare articulate..I think he got tired of talking to me eventually, because I think at that time I was still a little bitter over that heartbreaking experience.

After over a year of disappearance, he came alive sounding very happy over an engagement to a lovely lass. I was pleasantly surprised to hear from him. I had nothing but genuine happiness for him.

To make the long story even longer, he and I became good friends. I guess like any good friend that I am to anyone, I harassed him with useless diatribes, which eventually appeared like an attack to him. I was branded primarily as someone who employs negativity most of the times..

I guess to a certain degree he may be right. He was something that my boyfriend wasn’t. He was always sweet..he always found time to talk to me. I think that was the bottom line of his faults. Poor kid..

Until he told me how they broke up and stuff…And then there was our last conversation. I have always looked up to him as a friend. And what happened between us in the past has long been buried. I was sooo close to reconsidering his appeals…lol (don’t ask!)

Anywayz, imagine a person whom you thought you can trust...someone whom you consider a friend..would suddenly stand up and show off his member.(!@#$%^&*()_+) When confronted about it, he would say he was just being open.. I don’t know if I am nuts or if he is…or it could be a socio-cultural barrier. Maybe in his country it is OK to show it off, but where I come from, those who do such a thing are called exhibitionists..they are considered sick, and must go see a doctor.

What I can’t believe though is that he thought I was as usual being negative…that I was being critical, and that I was the one who needed to see a shrink.

Oh well… It is never a loss to find out what people are really like before you get to meet them. I am lucky (for lack of a better term) to find out sooner.

No comments: