1.3.05

This thing I know

...that he loves me so...Jesus blood never failed me..

So goes the last song at the Jars of Clay concert last night. I think it was a fitting finale for a night of full of wonder, awe and bewilderment for a pop rock band as famous as the Jars of Clay.

What is amazing about the group is that although they are famous in their genre having produced songs such as Lovesong for a Savior, unforgetful you, i need you and lonely people to name a few, they continue to glorify and honor their Creator through the gift of music. Take note how they mananged to come to the mainstream, not only gaining a faithful following among the christians but lovers of rock music as well.

As a christian birthed during the 90's, i had a taste of their lovely music from the very start. Of course I lost touch, considering that the song I am most familiar with from their line up was lonely people. I guess the lyrics spoke directly to me, thus it left a mark. (lol)

The concert was a success, no doubt. The crowd well behaved...well, except for the part wherein those at the back were "allowed" to go to the front despite the fence separating them. I wish I had a camera to show you how I jumped from one side to the other just so I can stay five steps away from them. Yes, we saw them up close, very good looking guys that they are.

It was a night well spent, and I will go down in the history as among those who watched and thoroughly enjoyed the Jars of Clay concert for the first time in the Philippines.

1 comment:

kAlaNdRaKAs said...

sorry, typo..it is blood, not love...haaaayyy is it me or am i soooo full of love? lol