8.6.13

Of Freebies, Bumps and Babies

I don't know why I usually end up in such exhibits.Maybe I am a sucker for freebies and free tickets always come my way. Or it could be the goodie bags or the heavily discounted sales at the venue. Or is it the really cute baby and toddler stuff that are ridiculously expensive, even with the discount that I knew I wouldn't buy even if I had the money. Maybe it is the live programs for toddlers that they always have on. Either way, I found myself (with my family) one Saturday queueing at a full venue because the only other option was an arts and crafts market at a local school and going to the Sydney Olympic Park  sounded more exciting.

As I was walking around the crowded venue, I was once again reminded of the many beautiful things available in the market and I can't help but drool over them. At the same time it made me think how there are so many products out there that is not really necessary, they are just beautiful.And expensive. So it got me thinking - why don't I make a checklist of products that worked for us and maybe review some that I have actually used. But that's a topic for another time.

I guess the biggest win for us that day was catching Elmo and Cookie Monster and having had their pictures taken and we had two happy toddlers. We didn't stay long  because it was too full but when we
checked the program we found a meet and greet with them so we rushed back and found a short qeueu - woohoo!!

There was a fairy entertainment on the stage right next to the meet and greet and we made a quick stop and another picture taking. Our little girl wasn't as enthusiastic about having her pictures taken as she usually does - maybe the little mister has more modelling potential! (HAHA)

Not sure if I am a fan of this show. It really is no different from  the baby and toddler show at the Sydney Entertainment Centre. I thought that both compete for the same market but the latter has bigger venue and more room. And while I can't say I have taken the time to compare the details but it certainly gives an impression that the latter is considerably larger than the other.

I suppose this is it for now. If you are interested in the product reviews, come back and check this out again sometime.

No comments: