12.4.05

My Story

i found this in a homepage i created a while back..i thought i'd share it here..i must have written this when i was sixteen going seventeen...hmmm..around my sister's age now..

-----------

I used to be a very insecure person but I would try to hide that reality by putting up a front to the point that most people would think I was such a snob. I tried to do things for others - even things I did not want to do just to please them. In most of my attempts I would gain their acceptance, and I would feel good for a while. But there were also times that I would feel like I could not really measure up to their expectations - thus I would end up hating myself and the rest of the world. When I was in college, on my own and determined to rebel from all known authority in my life, a friend of mine invited me to a Rock and Roll Seminar. I wasn't really into rock music but when the speaker began explaining God's unconditional love and acceptance, it just got my attention.

In all my sixteen years of religiosity, I never really thought that God cared. After all, I had to do things for others, so why would God be any different? I had tried to excel in my studies, tried having a boyfriend, participating in school and community activities, and even strived to be a good daughter and a role model to my younger siblings but they never gave me the security that I needed. That night I met a different God! He thought I'm special - even before I did anything for Him. He died for me already, even before I knew Him. That same night, I prayed and asked Christ to forgive me for all the wrong things I did. Then I asked Him to come into my life, to lead me and give me the security that I had been looking for.

I began to see myself in a new perspective. I learned that God wants to give me a hope and a wonderful future. I have nothing to fear because He is in control. My confidence is no longer in myself or in others but in God alone. I have learned to love and forgive other people and myself. I am not as afraid to fail as I used to and I have found peace even in the midst of chaos. I have discovered that no relationship can ever be enough for me unless I have a personal relationship with God. Most importantly, I know that I am going to Heaven with God for eternity.

How about you? What are you holding on to for security? Is it your family? Your career? Your boyfriend/girlfriend? I tell you, they are bound to fail you at some point! Why don't you go directly to Jesus? He can give you all those things and more! If He can do it to someone like me, He can do it for you..!!!! Think about it!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi yan, i just wana say that you write so well. as in. and yes, i learned a lot from all the articles that you wrote. yeah, ur right, it's actually liberating to love with all your heart and soul and mind. i just learned that recently. i cant forever place myself in a box just because im afraid to get hurt. this time, im willing to take chances, etc.
thank you for everything, youre a very good friend. my world would be less colorful without your rantings about life... i mean it would be less colorful without you in it.