16.4.13

she is officially ThRee!!

..and she had been asking me if it was her birthday or birthday party yet (which she used interchangeably by the way haha) two or three months ago. i must admit she must have gotten the vibe from me - we wished she was three early on so she could have gone to various kids program at  events that only accepted kids from three onwards. It did not help that her big brother, just by 11 months, gets to go to those programs while she has to stay with mama and get shushed at the slightest sound she makes.

Today things are different. She is officially three and gets to share the same age with her brother for a solid four weeks, to his displeasure, but much to her delight. Naturally, my thoughts drift back to three months after the taxing birth of our first born and finding out that we were pregnant again. To say that we were shocked would be an understatement. She must have known how we felt because she was in her best behavior from the womb. It was a very easy pregnancy, except for my history of pre eclampsia that I had to be checked more often I had a blood test almost every week on my third term and an ultrasound just as often. A few days after my 36th week, the doctors declared I was having pre eclampsia again so I was scheduled for an emergency ceasarean  and at 3:30 pm on the 16th of April in 2010 a healthy baby girl

Photo Credit: Isaac Wong
weighing 2.25 kilos was born into our young family and we thanked God for the opportunity and privilege to raise another beautiful child.

Although we had "almost" twins, I must say that having an easy baby like our little girl was such a blessing. She must have known because when she first came home she spent her times sleeping, unless she was hungry or needed a nappy change. She was not fussy with her food and at two and a half she decided she was over with nappies and it is time to tell mum she needed to go toilet, which she conveniently labeled "poop" for both wees and poos.

I am not saying she is perfect, like all mothers generally know, she has her stubborn streaks and we certainly endeavour to train her up in the way she should go so when she is old she will not depart from it (Prov 22:6).


But we love her dearly and we feel very blessed to be entrusted with her life and wouldn't change the timing of  her birth any other way.

No comments: