15.6.05

Me and My Big Mouth!

Love…the sensations it brings out of every individual. I am sure every person has a story to tell _ unrequited or otherwise.

I myself am no exception. Although it was not your usual girl-meets-boy story, it is a story nonetheless, and not just one but three at that.

So I am stubborn, can you tell? Or maybe not! Maybe I have learned to make a distinction between love and the one I loved.

I guess it is true what they say, that you don’t really plan to fall in love. That is, if you can call mine love stories at all.

It all started with X, a twenty-something something something (lol). For an engineer, he wrote in prose and poetry! And was I impressed! Maybe that made me ignore our age difference, or the religion factor. But then again maybe I was amazed that for the first time in my life someone didn’t find me intimidating at all. He actually thought I was sweet! :p Although he left because his Daddy thought I might not be able to keep up with his passions, I have to give him credit for being an obedient son, and for melting the ice for the very first time!

Y came into my life at a time when I was so wary of relationships. He rebuked me at one time for wanting to skin someone alive. He was a friend when I needed one. And boy, was he “there” for me. His passion for God, his music..they all warmed me up to him. It was a great feeling! And then our friendship took a different turn. Although it was a surprise, we both welcomed the change, at least I know I did..until he became busy with work…and life..and I was left shattered for the very first time.

And then there’s Z. If there’s anything that I will credit him for, it is his patience and his ability to make you feel like the most important person. After what we’ve been through, no one would think we would actually “kiss” and make up. And it was the single most amazing and sweetest thing to actually happen to me. I know I didn’t think it will take a different twist either. It is my second chance with him, and his fourth or fifth, as he calls it.

Like every story, chapter-by-chapter they just ended, often leaving me dazed. And many times, even if I didn’t want the story to end, I just had to close the book, for the sake of my own sanity! Hehehe!

To this day I have no inkling why they just disappeared. As for me, all I know is my #1 love language is quality time and a close #2 being words of affection. When those guys become too busy, my love tank goes empty, leaving me gasping for air.

Sometimes I still wonder how relationships can start out with so much fun and promise, you wouldn’t imagine it would end..At least I didn’t. But don’t take my words seriously, I am usually left clueless. Naiveté? Or just plain ignorance? Hahaha!!

Eitherway, I will love again. By then, it will be someone who will finally see what a great catch I am, and hopefully, he will stay..for life! . ;-)

DISCLAMER: I didn't really meet any of these guys in real life. They are all probably just a figment of my tired, overworked, underpaid, hopelessly romantic imagination! lol! peace guys!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

In this world, you can't have it all. You can't have the perfect life. GOD provides everything what you want in the right time and place. Ika nga " God says " Do your best and GOD take the rest." hmm.. Siguro not in that ways you find your true LOVE. It also require for a new environment.. It MEANS that resignation letter should be ready, coz your true loves waiting for you for your new environment.. heheee.. hurry!

Anonymous said...

wow pangmaalala mo kaya ang lovestory mo te yani!hehe seriously i think u should be thankful afterall.i dont mean d heartaches dats being hypocrite! but having d chance to meet different guys wid different personalities na oldo they leave u brokenharted still u learned from ur experiences wid them.tama ba?hehe and ur absolutely right bout one thing u deserve someone hu can realize wat a great catch u r because dats wat u r and dat man shud be more dan deserving to have u :p i also believe na God has His own plans for all of us and for watever reason He has for taking so long in giving u ur destined man im sure its bcoz he's still molding ur perfect match perfectly fit for u.. naks!tsaka dba patience is a virtue hehe.. to those past guys u have way back heler it's their losts not urs time will come they'l regret losing someone like u! im praying for ur happiness te yanz muah

kAlaNdRaKAs said...

Girls..girls!!! no NEED to mention the obvious..lol!

really, i am just ranting..work is driving me nuts?*&%$#@!

besides, i need to look for new employment, not concern myself with useless preoccupations!

a friend of mine who resurrected after a very long "disappearance" told me today that i should really find myself something stable, like a husband...bwahahaha!!!

i'm just happy to see him again, eventhough he brands me as someone who adopts a narrow world vision (referring to my "blind" (lol) absolute (?)submission to God's will and purpose)!

Anonymous said...

rant or no rant, out of the overflow of your heart your mouth
speaks har har har
peace! that goes for me too.

take it from a guy`s perspective.
tama na tama na, palitan mo na sila! (si Gloria et al)!
he he he

kAlaNdRaKAs said...

Gerson, the subconcious message of that RANT is: i will probably never be able to figure guys out..LOL!

first, they run after you, and when you return their affection, they slowly disappear into oblivion..what is their problem?! yup, that question goes for you too...

men's games is just sickening. and i don't just mean those of the above. and you know what else? christian or not, they play the same games...which is sad, because christianity is better lived than talked about..yes, even in the area of relationships!

*opps*

iceprincess on fire..lol

Anonymous said...

Hi Yanni!
Every person`s lovestory is always unique. As unique as his/her own thumbmark.
I find your story unique too..

However, it`s always easy to throw stones if things are not doing well in a relationship.
Yes, they may have faults but you cannot just blame them. There are circumstances that are way beyond our control.
Things we say "that could have been if only.."
More often than not, we always ended up with the only things that we have..things that we can control, like ourselves, our emotions, our decisions.

With the myriad of stories, opinions and sometimes, "How to"
about relationships, we ended up gasping in the air!
What should I do? What have I done wrong?
I too find it complicated and sometimes unimaginable to follow the ultimate "guide". But that would make it even more interesting, discovering what trully belongs to you and to me for that matter.

Yes, there is pain in the end.
But pain will strengthen us.
It`s an opportunity for God to show His healing power. He is near to the broken-hearted!

As for the right guy?
Maybe you can take another bus! :)
you might catch them again there
or a new one will be there..
better one!

peace!
Gerson

kAlaNdRaKAs said...

sigh!

throwing stones at anyone is the last thing on my mind.

i am having a really stressful time right now, and it is not even in that area.

the way i handle stress is to write... and i was just articulating my thoughts..there is absolutely no need to be defensive, because that is the farthest on my mind.

for the record, i have maintained a good friendship with these guys, and if i need them to testify about that, i can. but that is not necessary.

so why can't i just rant, when i want to, if i want to, especially if it will relieve me of my stress...lol.

i know it is a male thingy, but there is NO problem to solve here. the fact that i can write about it means it is settled. over and done with.

and just because you have been HURT by women in the past Gerson, doesn't make the rest of the specie just like them.

sheezh!

kAlaNdRaKAs said...

found this in a friendster bulletin..
.............

Sometimes, love dies. And there is no easy
explanation for it.

Some of us see it coming. Some of us dont. But
most of us try not to see it at all. Because it
is easier to pretend that all is well rather than
admit that your dreams have been shattered and
that you are left only with the broken pieces of
your heart.

It hurts to imagine the person we love with
someone else. It hurts to no longer be the object
of his/her affections. It hurts to be no longer
the center of his/her universe. It hurts to no
longer be wanted. It hurts to be discarded,
replaced and dumped unceremoniously like an old
rag that has outlived its usefulness.

It hurts to no longer be loved.

But it happens everyday to the best among of us
to the beautiful, the kind, the talented, the
smart, the successful, the multi-awarded. It
happens to the perfect wife, sister, friend and
mother. It happens to the civic leader, the CEO,
the cover girl.

Whether or not its something we did or didnt do,
sometimes, love just dies. And overthinking would
serve no purpose.

To be loved is a blessing. But to no longer be
loved is not necessarily a tragedy.

Weve been raised since childhood to believe that
love must last forever. And perhaps it must. But
isnt it possible to simply be happy for the love
you have no matter if it doesnt last forever?
Isnt it possible to simple savor the moment and
become richer by it without wanting to possess it
forever? Isnt it possible to love and let go and
love again?

Isnt it possible to love forever but to love
different people over time?

Its all right to no longer be loved. Its all
right to stop loving. Its all right to mourn for
loves losses but to condemn yourself to a life of
misery because your love didnt last forever is
foolhardy. If love must die, let it go peacefully
into the night.

But dont keep score. Love is not a contest. It
is not a competition to see who emerges the
prettiest, the craftiest or toughest. Love is
what it is a gift. It cannot be forced on
anyone. Neither can it be forced out of anyone.
So let it be.

When love dies, hold on to the memories. But let
go of the one you love.

kAlaNdRaKAs said...

i think it is an article by melanie lim last sunday over at sunstar.com.ph