5.10.04

love....a battle??

or is it really?

now, seriously i am not lovestruck, as you probably already suspect at this post! it just so happen to be a topic that i am very passionate about...well, among other things! lol!!!

a movie i recently watched had that song on its soundtrack. I copied part of the lyrics below:

We are young, heartache to heartache we stand
No promises, no demands
Love is a battlefield
We are strong, no one can tell us we’re wrong
Searchin’ our hearts for so long, both of us knowing
Love is a battlefield

You’re beggin’ me to go, you’re makin’ me stay
Why do you hurt me so bad?
It would help me to know
Do I stand in your way, or am I the best thing you’ve had?
Believe me, believe me, I can’t tell you why
But I’m trapped by your love, and I’m chained to your side
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

all of us have battles to fight at some point in our lives. hearing that song made me shake my head in disagreement.

battles mostly have negative connotation to me - battles with this or that disease, battles against corruption, poverty or terrorism, to name a few. unless of cours we are referring to the battle of the brainless, then it should elicit a lot of laughter in the beginning. of course it can be sickening when we get too much of it. then that's already the negative part of it.

but love??? a battle?!?? somehow i find that idea difficult to reconcile with my usual idea of battles. perhaps because i am a self-confessed hopeless romantic, i want all love stories to have a happy ending. to my myopic brain, battles in love must refer only to heartaches..afterall that's the messy part!

but then again happy endings don't just happen overnight. it involves a lot of risk assessment and mega-compromise.

in a conference i recently attended, the speaker mentioned the four pillars of relationships being trust, love, communication and forgiveness.

and each pillar could fill an entirely different blog but...trust is basically the foundation of relationships, love the motive and communication the process..and forgiveness? it is the thread that restores.

by simply looking at those pillars, it makes me think how much hard work is required for a love to stand.

i will maintain my CLAIM at me being un-lovestruck, but this musings just made me think that maybe...just maybe love is a battlefield afterall. lol!

anyhow.....if only my boss will let me write abt my rants instead of those press releases, my life wouldn't have to be a battlefield...hehehe!

No comments: