26.9.04

an eventful weekend

well..not really in the true sense of the word but there was a part that really tickled me..

my saturday was very lazy! i woke up late and came to work only in the afternoon, in time for a meeting, only to be informed that only two are coming....Ohhh God...there goes the pre-pilot test.I hope to be able to recover today.

i was bored all afternoon i was able to write two blogs...lol! and then my cousin was trying to contact me because she needs to get something from the house, which is a whooping 45 min ride from the city. before that i agreed to a movie date with roslyn and rhea.

of course i had a major dilemna, which spells 90 min spent on the road if i had to go home and come back for that movie. to solve the problem, i decided to cook adobo for dinner and invite my friends to go home with me. and then we can always catch BOURNE SUPREMACY at a nearby theater, which we did, but at the ayala mall instead, which is a little farther than the original plan, but definitely soooo much better.

sunday morning was spent in church. it was a long ride because of the re-routing of the public transportation due to a construction. but i got to the service on time.

pastor bob perry, an american prayer warrior from Nashville, Tennessee came to visit the cebu church. what is interesting is that since he first came to the phillipines, he had always wanted to come to cebu...finally after 20 years, he came.

he preached about developing a heart after God and mentioned the characters of Mary, Martha and Lazarus...I was really tickled because I know that i just wrote abt my need to be a balance between Martha and Mary in a previous blog. And then at the leaders meeting in the afternoon, he taught abt praying for leaders and quoted Is 61:1-2

boy, was i thrilled!!!! it was a very exhilirating experience, because maybe, after all my inadequacies, God still speakes to me. truly he is not like us, who gets tired of people, and gives up on them. he is the God of heavens who is stubbornly crazy about me...!!!

i must confess i ate lunch twice that sunday...one right after the service, and then after the meeting...lol!

the rest of the afternoon can cover an entirely different topic.

No comments: