18.12.12

Answered Prayer

I am loving every chance i get to include our toddlers at prayer time. It is just amazing how simple and straightforward they talk to God and how excited they get to see Him work after they say a prayer.

A few weeks ago we were looking out for beds for them but we didn't want to spend a lot of money for it. I started checking gumtree for free or cheap, good condition trundle or bunk beds and found really greatly priced beds of the same style
this is probably my favourite from bedsonline but it is a little bit beyond us

and make as the really expensive ones. I also went to ebay to see what is available but most of it was just beyond what we were happy to pay for. I saw this red racing car trundle beds with a buy it now price of AUD150 and a starting bid of  $50 with no bidders at


3 days to go. It was a neat looking bed, one that our little mister will surely like but probably not good for him seeing that he is already obssesed with anything  cars. I thought I'd still show it to hubby and he did share my sentiment. I kept lurking at this item anyway until less than two days to go, hubby said I should bid. I did put in $ 51 as my highest bid but after a couple of hours I was outbid. With under one day to go I increased my bid to $ 99.99 and the price went up to $ 81 and I thought if the other bidder was really keen, it will be really easy for me to get outbid considering the difference. Hubby said I could go as far as much as $ 200 because when people started bidding, the seller removed the buy it now price. Although I thought the bed is worth more, we could have just gone for the buy it now price earlier so at three hours to go, I set my alarm at five minutes before the end of the bidding soI can make my final offer. I then called the little mister and the little miss and asked them how they liked the bed. As expected, the little mister gave a loud 'yes please' while the little miss matter of factly said it is her brother's bed. I told them that if they really really want the bed, then they have to pray and ask God for it. Without question they went ahead and ASKed, one at a time and after they said their AMENs, smiled their biggest smiles in obvious excitement.

They had naps after that and I went on to do some chores downstairs while my phone which I used as alarm was charged upstairs. While I was getting something upstairs, I heard the alarm which has probably been ringing for a while. I immediately ran to the desktop to see how the bidding was going and sure enough it has ended. And then I saw the final price - $81!!!! I couldn't believe it! I then called the two to let them know

little miss showing how comfy the bed from little mister's side
 that the bed is theirs and we all thanked God in unison. The scripture that came to mind was Matthew 21:16 from the NIV "Do you hear what these children are saying?" they asked him. "Yes," replied Jesus, "have you never read, "'From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise'?"




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, a Lightning McQueen bed. :)