17.12.12

God is NEVER Late 2007

 This was originally posted in August 2007, I am just putting my bloggs in one place -
 
It all happened so quickly. First, my husband came to see me after seven months of separation. Next thing we knew, I had to get ready so I can travel back with him. Not that I need to start from scratch. I was practically packed since February 2007, even before the embassy gave me an interview schedule.

Looking back at the months that passed, it leaves me red with embarrasment before God, considering the attitude that I had towards Him. I wasn't at my best. I grumble at every opportunity, getting back to my senses once in a while, only to get back, far worst than where I started. It was very easy for me to forget who God is and allow my situation to get the best of me. But with all my complaints and rants before God, what really brought me through it was going back to His word every time. My husband and I would pray over the phone and encourage each other that it wasn't God's plan for us to be away from each other. My in-laws would call all the way from Africa to cheer me up and speak blessing over our situation. They even organized a prayer chain to ask, seek and knock the doors of heaven.

I guess few of my friends understood the impact of the perennial question of when I was leaving affected me. It was a question that I couldn't answer. Aside from my case officer, only God could possibly know.

Towards the end of June 2007, it became clear to me that I was leaving very soon. I was sad that I wasn't able to go home to my parents, but my mother's surprise made up for it. It wasn't easy to leave, but it's for the best.

It may have appeared to me that God was silent the whole time, but I knew from His spoken word that He cares. He promised to NEVER leave or forsake me. Over and above everything that I learned out of the situation, it is that God is never late. He is always on time.

At times He just wants me to trust Him completely - His timing, and to exhibit more patience in my life.

No comments: