17.12.12

On Waiting 2007

Originally posted in Feb 2007 in another blog that I am about to shut down 
I'm passing through what is probably THE major crossroad of my LIFE - marriage. To say that I married the man of my dreams would be an understatement. I always say that God must love me so much to bless me with such a wonderful person.

After we got married, I decided to leave my job so I can personally facilitate all the requirements so I will be able to join him in another country where he is based. Maybe I shouldn't have OR I could have seriously looked for another one. I thought the processing would be fast. But it wasn't after almost three months  that I finally gathered all the necessary papers.

The waiting part isn't fun. So is being in between jobs.While I thought of going to work often, I wasn't very excited of working under temporary employment, not that it is common where I am from. I felt that it would not be fair to the employer if I left as soon as I get what I was waiting for.

What I realized is my tendency to put my life on hold while waiting for something. It has happened to me before. I was left with a lot of problems afterwards. Most of all, i find myself stuck, not knowing what to do next.

My husband, ever supportive that he is, only has encouraging words to say. I've finished my interview and I am just waiting for the result of my medical exam.

As for the boredome that plagues me, I have come to terms with it as a form of rest. It's not like I am going to be like this forever..and I am not enjoying it, so I know I won't get used to it. In the meantime, I have bags to pack, thoughts to write, people to see, and much more! It is a busy life.

No comments: