17.12.12

Self Talk 2007

 This was originally posted in June 2007, i am just moving my blogs in one place -

I'm reading a book entitled You are What You Think by Dr. David Stoop wherein one of the issues he raised is the relationship between anger and self talk. For someone who has been told that I have anger management issues(you know who you are!), I took great interest on the subject in my effort to become a better, more pleasing person before God.

It was pointed out that our demands tend to intensify our emotions that often lead to anger. In order to defuse anger, such demands should be changed to wants and desires.

After going through my rants, my self talk in certain areas should be changing real soon:

        1. I wish I am braver and stronger.
        2. I am battling with sadness and loneliness. I wish I understand what is going on.
        3. Eventhough I don't understand, I still believe God is in control over every situation in my life.
       4. I wish I will get hired for that writing job I applied for.
       5. I may not have all the money in the world, but I know that God will meet all my needs according to His glorious riches and glory.
       6. God, I need more patience.
      7. People are tactless and insensitive of other people's feelings. I wish they can be more considerate.

No comments: