16.12.12

Queensland Break June 2008

Every hard work deserves a day off so I took mine on a long weekend in celebration of the Queen's birthday on the 6th of June. We were on a one and a half hour flight to Brisbane wrapped in layered clothing and jacket only to land in a sunny city. I guess one can call it love at first sight and it seriously brought me to thinking that God must love them locals soo much, they get to keep the sun more often compared to the other states.


Surfers Paradise is true to its name. It was for me an urban version of Boracay. At Movieworld, I relived my childhood by posing with batman and robin as well as tweety.
 I also took, along with the mister, a daring ride at the lethal weapon, which in my opinion is the most deadly ride in that theme park. A holiday is not complete without shopping and Harbourtown just blew my wallet away- well not too much as we got there at 4pm and they closed at 5:30pm. That 6-hour return drive to 


Towoomba was well worth it having met Asraf and his beautiful family. We spent our last day with friends who made it extra special. Their offer to look after the kids when we have them made moving there even more tempting. 

Gran Family Anniversary and Birthday Party
How privileged we were to have witnessed their celebration of 18 years in marriage and their younger son's 15th birthday.

It was a truly fantastic experience and I'm sure it won't be our last. On our own, we would probably pack our bags and move without batting an eyelash. But we both know that we needed to stay on our knees and seek God on the matter. In the meantime, what we do have is a beautiful memory and happy thoughts of that trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG, I’m so impressed with you to come up with such an initiative so good, and for writing that well.

Honestly, I wholly forgot that your wandering to Brissy coincided with our 18th years of marriage. That was 4 years ago. We're now on our 22nd this year. Had I not followed the link you told me I wouldn’t have been reminded. And those pics, so good to look at. So much have changed since then, one very notable is how I increased in dimension hahahaha. And the boys how they’ve grown so fast - mga mama na sila ngayon.

What else can I say, you impressed me with your blogsite and your writing. Continue doing so as I’m very sure anyone who will read your story will find it interesting and stimulating.

The next time you think of vacation, come to Brisbane. It is very much different now from how it used to be. And what about your plans in moving here? Do it while kids are still small. I always believe Brissy is the best place in raising family. Jobwise, there’s plenty of it now as Brissy is dubbed as one of the fastest growing cities in the world. Influx of people from other states and new arrivals in the country is happening in big number. Brisbane is booming Yan. Trust me on this.

Give my regards to Jones and the kids.