17.12.12

Swamped 2007

Originally posted in March 2007 in another blog that I am about to shut down
I had difficulty sleeping last night, trying to figure out a solution to a series of problems. My husband called it a mathematical equation. I said yes, considering that it contained a lot of figures.

It seemed like an end of the world situation, but there was just nothing I could do. Perhaps if I could turn back time, I would have done things differently, but that would be another story.I ended up tossing and turning in bed up until the wee hours of the morning, without getting closer to a solution.

Finally, I drifted to sleep, only to chase a Cathay Pacific flight right in the beachfront of Boracay. If it wasn't weird enough, I had to run from station 3 to station 1 in order to catch my flight. The plane left without me while I woke up sweating all over.

What a night! The morning wasn't as bad as I imagined. Things turned out well and I am still alive.
Worries do that - give us sleepless, restless nights, especially at times when we can't be part of the solution, but the problem is ours to solve anyway. It magnifies the problems to  scary proportions.

However, instead of dwelling on the problem, it is better to focus on the One who promised to help us with the solution. Then we can stay still even in the darkest nights knowing SomeOne is looking after us.

No comments: