17.12.12

To wait or not to wait 2007

This was originally posted in October 2007 and I am just moving my blogs in one place - 
It seems that life is full of waiting. That's what I discovered after having lived over thirty years on earth. Just when you think your done with it, another episode of life comes that requires more waiting.

In my case for instance, after what seemed like eternity, I finally joined my husband in a distant land. Boy, did I think I was ready for it - only to find myself crying some days just because I was left at home with nothing much to do. I did keep myself preoccupied by looking for a job, but getting an interview seemed like a challenge. When I do get one, I would get lost on the way, fall short of the requirement or simply be met with stiff competition. I thought of volunteering, but even that requires getting shortlisted. Going to back to school floated as another option, which will take time, money and effort when what I really want to do is work.

Finally, after coming to terms that I may have to become a plain housewife just like my dream job, I received a call from an interview the day before - the one that gave me a headache- with an offer to work for them. I accepted without hesitation since my background and skills coincided with their requirement and I have decided to make a long term career in that area.

I know it is not the end of my waiting sprees. When things will settle, something new will come up again. What I need is to learn to relax, take things easy and enjoy every single situation that will require me to wait. Most importantly, I need to remember that God is in the midst of every situation that I get into.

No comments: